Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sydney & Surfer's Paradise

I choose subjects that intrigue me. I choose subjects that captivate my attention and have a sensitivity that mirrors my own. Men, women, children… animals. The ones I capture move me and as an amateur photographer, I’m compelled to freeze the moment that I see them which in turn dictates and tells their whole life story in that split second. Sometimes I’m lucky, other times I’m not. And this unpredictability is also the reason why photography moves me. The next set of pictures are images that reflect who I am in my own environment. They're nothing special, they're not too artistic, they're not too visually stimulating or fantastic. They're just what I see in places I feel comfortable in a place I call home.

These flowers were in bloom in Double Bay, Sydney where I used to live for a bit. I bought my SLR digital canon the day before and this was one of the very first pictures I ever took with it when I was strolling along the bay with my sister and her friend.

IMG_0127

This was at shelly Beach.

IMG_5132

This was taken at Rushcutter's Bay. I liked the way the wind was softly humming and its effects on my scarf so I tried to show how my scarf was flapping about... to no avail.

IMG_3160

I hate seagulls but for some reason this one decided to pose for me with a pensive look while the guy behind it was soaking up with sun. This was taken on Surfer's Paradise, Queensland.

IMG_4808

This picture was of my 2 friends while they were swimming at Shelly Beach, Sydney. It was a very warm day however, Sydney water refuses to warm up and it was freezing in the water so I remained on the surface documenting their cold fun.

IMG_5253

This was a picture of my German cousins at Dee Why Beach, Sydney. Kevin was making stupid hand signals and I caught the sun while I was lying down.

IMG_2092

This was of a lighthouse of some sort in the Eastern suburbs on the way to The Gap. I took it while I was driving past it. I like how the moon looks so miniscule.

IMG_2815

A car whizzes past on Oxford Street where I used to work at a cafe in Sydney.

IMG_3600

I love reflections and how they seem like you're viewing the world in a completely different manner. This was at a ticket box office at fox studios sydney before I was going to watch a movie with my brother.

IMG_3306

I took advantage of the artwork in Paddington, Sydney while they were having street art festivals. A band was even playing inside a window case at a store on Oxford street and the area was thriving with life, music, art and culture. love it.

IMG_0710

A bell tower in Sydney near Central Station. So lonely up there.

IMG_0476

Near my place in western Sydney. Norwest lake where they have nice restaurants. I was heading up to have japanese for a family birthday.

_MG_1038

...and of an adorable dog on Bronte Beach, Sydney that was persuading me to give him some of my hotdog. I almost gave in but the owner was looking on...

IMG_1714

3 comments:

  1. wow!!! i personally like this set a lot! especially the fourth last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one in Paddington with the musical notes? that was on a pub when they were having a street fair.
    ps did you like the one with you and Lucy in Shelly beach? you're in the water....

    ReplyDelete